Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bo Lings for Dim Sum

We have been going to Bo Lings on the Plaza for dim sum for years. I love dim sum.  Dim sum is a type of Cantonese food prepared as bite sized or individual portions served in steamer baskets. Bo Lings servers roll carts filled with the steamer baskets to your table and you choose which ones you want. For someone who is hungry it is wonderful because the cart comes to your table and you get to eat. Sometimes it is difficult waiting for the particular cart that has the dim sum dish you have been craving.

Like everyone else we have our favorites and here they are in no particular order:

One of my all time favorites is a shrimp and meat pie that we call footballs. It is deep fried but it is so good. Just a touch of sweetness. Yum yum yum.

Footballs

My daughter loves bubble tea. I am not crazy about the bubble tea; I just can't get past the tapioca balls in the bottom. They are tasteless and I think they have a weird texture.

Bubble Tea

Another favorite is sticky rice wrapped in a lotus leaf. It goes pretty quickly. Actually we usually attack it and it is every person for himself/herself.
Glutinous rice wrapped in a lotus leaf


My husband really likes funn rolls. I have grown to like them. You can get a variety of fillings. We usually get shrimp.

Shrimp funn roll

All of us love these noodles. You can get either the rice noodles or the yellow noodles or mixed. We get a little of both with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

Stir fried rice and yellow noodles
 The first time we had seaweed salad was at Bo Lings. We were hooked. We all love it so as you can see by the empty dish.

Seaweed Salad
My only complaint was our bill was incorrect. We were charged for items we did not order. We asked them to correct it and gave them our card. They came back with our credit card charged for the wrong amount and we had to send it back again.

Katie's View

Best birthday brunch ever!!!! The food is AMAZING!!! The footballs, noodles, fried noodles, seaweed salad, sticky rice, shrimp dumplings, and many other dumplings there are so tasty. The bubble tea is awesome!!! The tapioca balls in the tea are fun to eat. I do have one regret, I didn't savor my food when I should have. I love the food at Bo Lings because it's extremely tasty. I have many great memories of going to Bo Lings when I was younger.


  Bo Lings on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment