Monday, May 27, 2013

BobKorn Kettle Corn- A Delicious Little Popcorn Store in Excelsior Springs, Missouri

I love popcorn. I can't remember a time when I didn't eat large amounts of popcorn. My family also loves popcorn. We can go through a tub of popcorn in no time flat.  I used to love movie theatre popcorn but not so much anymore. I don't know when the change happened but it just isn't as appealing as it used to be.
BobKorn
I prefer homemade popcorn. Or better yet homemade caramel corn. My husband makes great caramel corn. He actually has the patience to stir it for what seems like an eternity until it reaches the correct temperature.  My favorite popcorn of all is kettle corn. I've tried and I can't seem to come up with an easy way to make this at home. Which is probably a good thing because once I start eating kettle corn it is hard for me to stop. Thankfully, there aren't that many places to get really good kettle corn.

Until now. About a year ago, a new popcorn store, BobKorn, opened in Excelsior Springs. Needless to say, I tried to avoid BobKorn like the plague. But it kept calling to me. I knew once I went in there I would be hooked. I was right. Wow.

First of all. Really nice people. The kind that take a bit of extra time to make sure you feel at home and that you get what you want.

Second, they had tasters. You get to try the different types of popcorn. Why? Because you are going to want them all.
My current favorites: lemon blast, caramel, and sour cream, cheddar and chive

Third, they have all kinds of popcorn. My current favorite is Lemon Blast. You are probably thinking, lemon popcorn? Really? I thought the same thing until I tried it. I love it. It is lemon flavored popcorn with lemon white chocolate drizzle with shortbread cookies. At least that is what I think it is. I guess I need to go back and get more popcorn to figure it out.
Cinnamon and sour cream, cheddar, and chive

We also get the caramel corn and the sour cream, cheddar and chive. I mix the two together. It is wonderful. We can't leave Katie alone with the popcorn because she will eat it all. We also get the cinnamon which I think is Steven's favorite. They also have watermelon, chocolate drizzle, English toffee, strawberry shortcake, sweet butter, cotton candy, and ... I know I am forgetting some.  Besides popcorn there are drinks and shaved ice. I've never made it past the popcorn.

Katie's View

BobKorn is heaven on earth in the form of a popcorn shop. The shop is amazing! They have popcorn of all colors of the rainbow and flavors of popcorn that sound gross but taste AMAZING! I love the cinnamon popcorn, the caramel popcorn, the cheese popcorn, actually I love all popcorn. I can't wait to go back and get more popcorn! It's amazing and it tastes wonderful. Bobkorn on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment